Saturday, April 2, 2016

Into The Hoods Remixed Review (+ mini update)

Hey guys!

There went my consistent posting, hun?
Yeah, it's been a while since I've posted here! I get really annoyed at myself when this happens to be honest... But I can't help it!

Life has been busy! And even now that I'm on Easter break, I'm pretty much working like crazy because I need to get all of my written assessments done ASAP, so that I can focus on all the practical and creative stuff when the last month of my 1st year of university starts...
Can you believe it?
I feel like it was yesterday that I came here... Ok, maybe not yesterday! But I'm definitely not feeling like my 1st year is nearly over! Yet, it is!
Life is crazy isn't it?



Anyway!! That is not what I really want to talk to you guys about!
If you follow me on twitter (@Ella9999), you might know that a few days ago I went to see a show called Into The Hoods Remixed... twice!



I had no idea what this show was going to be like, all I knew is that it was a hip hop take on Into The Woods (uh, duh!), which meant that it could be either brilliant of a huge fail...
I have a deep passion for hip hop and street dance, so that made me exited, but I've seen little attempts to re-invent shows before that didn't go very well, so I really didn't know what to expect.

Well, does the fact that I saw it twice tell you anything yet?

Yeah, it was AMAZING!!
Truly, insanely, fantastic!



The dancers were all, with no exception, freaking amazing!
The choreography was smart, somewhat quirky (as something like this definitely asks for) and just on point.

I am now a gigantic fan of ZooNation (the company behind this great piece of art) and of all the creative behind this show!



I came out of it feeling so motivated and inspired!
The show reminded me of why I even started to dance in the first place, and it was also kind of a warning. I haven't been as serious about dance as I wish I was, for many different reasons. But I am changing that now.
I came all the way here from Portugal to make my dreams come true, and this is a part of that, so I am not neglecting it no more!



As a performance student, this show brought me back to my feet. It gave me motivation, inspiration and people to look up to.

As a human being, well... it made me feel happy.
Can you ask for anything else?



Check ZooNation out:

Website: www.zoonation.co.uk
Twitter: @ZooNationUK



My Links:

YouTube Channel: EllaLovesMACandMusic
Instagram: @Ella99997
Twitter: @Ella9999






Hearts Hugs and Kisses,

Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think!!