Saturday, January 21, 2017

Barcelona Diaries: The City

Last Summer was one of the most exiting times of my whole life!
I went home, after the intense months of the end of my 1st year of uni; I came back to the UK and worked on a English learning Summer Camp, with kids from all over the world - a job I loved more than any other I have ever done; and, right after coming once again back to Portugal for a well deserved rest, I made a crazy and spontaneous trip to the beautiful Barcelona.

My best friend, Cate, was living there at the time. She is a (crazy talented) baker and she was doing an internship in the city.
We talked about me visiting her tons of times, but with our insanely busy schedules I wasn't sure I would actually be able to make it there before she went back home.
Thankfully, I was wrong!













Barcelona has it's own light. The sun shines in a unique way in this city, making all the colors pop and all the buildings seem extremely different, yet complementary. It feels like you're walking on the streets of some other world, where beauty is everywhere, shooting at you from each corner of each little alley.

There's so much art, music, food and all kinds of unexpected quirks waiting for you to find them! The capital of Catalunya has so much to offer that, in my short visit, I couldn't even scratch the surface of all of its wonders!

With that being said, I did go to most of the obligatory and most touristy places:Las Ramblas, Barri Gòtic, and, of course, La Sagrada Família.
No Barcelona trip is complete without a visit to the Park Güell, or we wouldn't be speaking about The City of Gaudí! Unfortunately, we weren't able to actually go inside and see all the beautiful art up close (next time it will definitely happen, now that I know the trick is to buy the tickets online!), but the gardens around it have the most beautiful view, so it wasn't a disappointment at all.
























Barcelona has won my heart! I remember thinking I could easily live there over and over again, and I still think the same.
It's a city full of life and its uniqueness is so attractive to me, I wanted to go back two days after I left! I can't wait until I have an opportunity to go back and discover more of this wonderful city.

Though I need to say, the one thing that made this whole trip so special was being with my best friend in the entire world! We had always wanted to explore a foreign city together, and we got to do just that! It was so much fun, and I just cannot wait until we switch roles and she comes and visit me here!!

Also, if you are wondering what goes on inside Barcelona's most popular market, La Boqueria, or want to know what the best places for filling your tummy up are in this gorgeous city, make sure you come back to read my next two posts!

Until then, I hope you enjoyed this one!





My Links:

YouTube Channel: EllaLovesMACandMusic
Instagram: @Ella99997

(Instagram Feed: Barcelona Edition!)


Twitter: @Ella9999





Hearts Hugs and Kisses,

Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think!!